Calumet High School Announcements
Monday, January 13, 2020
1. Congratulations to the Varsity Hockey team on their victory over Northville on Friday
2. Congratulations to the JV Hockey team on their victory over Marinette on Saturday.
3. The Bowling Team lost against Menominee High School at River Rock Lanes in Ishpeming on Saturday.
4. Good luck to the boys basketball teams as they take on Negaunee this evening!
5. Congratulations to the following BPA members on their placement t the Escanaba Competition:
Hanna Tuoriniemi - 1st Place - Advanced Interview Skills
Courtney Kangas, Nikolas Djerf, Samuel Oja & William Twardzik - 1st Place - Economic Research Team
Danika Billeck & Olivia Hamlin - 2nd Place - Small Business Management Team
Courtney Kangas - 2nd Place - Human Resource Management
William Twardzik - 3rd Place - Interview Skills
6. Students taking college classes second semester::
ENG 102 class will meet today during your regularly scheduled College English hour
Speech will start today during 5th hour
Calculus will start today during 3rd hour
Psychology will the week of the 20th. And College Economics start the 27th.
7. The upstairs office is taking applications for the February & March sessions of Driver’s Ed Segment 2, stop by the upstairs office with a signed copy of your driving log and your permit to pick up a contract.
8. There will be a Pep Club meeting on Wednesday, January 15, at 7:45 a.m. in room #315. If you can’t make it, see Mrs. La Cross.
9. There will be an organizational meeting of the Forensics team after school on Wednesday, January 15, in room #315. See Mrs. La Cross if you have questions or can’t make the meeting.
10. Auditions for the production of "Acting Can Be Murder" will be held on Wednesday, January 15th from 4-6:30, and Thursday, January 16th from 5-6:30 in the study hall. Sign up for an audition slot outside the upstairs office. Students interested in working backstage may sign up for stage crew outside the office as well.
11. Students ages 14-18: If you are interested in the Junior Volunteer Program this summer at Aspirus please pick up an application in the high school office.
12. TRIO Upward Bound will be here today in the Library beginning at 2:30 with the study lab to follow after school from 3:30 to 4:30 pm
13. There will be an NHS meeting at 7:40 in Mr. Heflin’s room on Wednesday January 15 — members please dress up.